MULTIPURPOSE MICROPLASMA SET
Author:Pogrebisky, David, Ph.D
Tel. (02) 6-417-803, P.O.B. 31445 25 working years in E O Paton Welding Institute,
Jerusalem 91313 more than 30 inventions, 20 patents, nearly
60 published works.
The proposal describes a Multipurpose Microplasma Set allowing precision welding, brazing, local penetration or heating. For welding, typical thicknesses of majority metal materials are 0,2 -3 mm .
The proposed set has the following advantages:
The set working prototype has already been made and, fortunately, has shown good results in welding and brazing of jewelry goods, metal teeth prostheses as well as in spot welding of steel samples with thicknesses of nearly 1 mm . It is import ant to note that such steel samples may contain more than 0.3% carbon and may be made from different classes of materials.
- guarantees the carrying out of brazing and very fast rotation of welding-brazing-welding processes;
- permits local heat treatment (hardening, annealing, etc.) without electrical interaction with the surface of a detail (that has to be treated) and, of necessity, cutting of non-conductivity materials;
- an operator of the new set can change twice or three times as many parameters by foot pedal (as compared with similar sets);
- the price of a new set is as much as 30 – 50% lower than the price of similar sets;
- service and repair of a new set may be carried out by specialists with minimal training, because it is mainly built on the simplistic element base;
- provides good conditions for spot connections and for micro cracks elimination.
Potential customers of the new sets include:
- companies and producers of medical and electronic instruments, jewelry goods, teeth and bone prostheses, glass- and basalt melting vessels.
- firms engaging in manufacturing and repair of precision mechanics, edge welded bellows, metal furniture, washing machines and kitchen appliances, vacuum and cryogenic machinery, producing small transformers, electrical motors, thin walled tubes and metal goods, cutting instruments, sensors, fine wires and thermocouples, hermetically-sealed vessels, batteries, different filters (including made from metal wire meshes), hydraulic and pneumatic fittings, turbine blades, tool and die moulds. Also, microplasma welding proven to achieve outstandingly good results in repairing stamps and pressforms , metal cutters, scissors, shears.
- private jewelers, dentists, sculptors and artists working in a small metal art.
The cost of such industrial set may be no more than $7,000. In many cases it may be a good substitution of equipment for argon (TIG), electron-beam and laser welding as well as of some brazing devices, giving excellent quality, saving time and money.
MICROPLASMA SET FOR DENTAL AND MEDICAL-BIOLOGICAL PURPOSES
Author: Pogrebisky, David, Ph. D.
Address: P.O.B. 31445, Jerusalem 91313
The proposal describes the microplasma set for dental and medical-biological purposes. This set is rather simple and cheap, but permits:
The main customers of the proposed set may be:
- welding, cutting, brazing and combined welding-brazing technologies of a lot of different
medical-biological goods made from the majority metal materials including composite, chrome-
nickel-cobalt alloys, noble materials made by usual and powder metallurgy methods
- melting and re-melting of small (up to 30- 40 g .) amounts of the mentioned metal materials –
usually in a graphite cup
- local heat-treatment (hardening, annealing, etc.) and drying without electrical interaction with
the surface of small details or metal pieces
- making of small furrows and hollows as well as slight form correction of delicate metal
structures and their repairing
- disconnecting of some small assembled details after their brazing, pressing or gluing
- softening and sometimes welding of thermoplastic materials
- single-side spot-welding of teeth prostheses and medical instruments, like scalpels, mirrors,
boxes made also from dissimilar metal materials with thicknesses 0.2- 3 mm , micro-cracks
elimination in precision structures
- preliminary fixing of small assembling parts before their final joining
- local thickening of thin-walled structures, closing of capillary tubes without a filler material
usage or local changing of their cross section dimension
- micro-spraying of metallic and non-metallic materials (as an option)
Also, this set may be successfully used for repairing of cutting instruments (scalpels, shears, scissors, etc.), moulds and other parts of stamps and press-forms.
- produces of metal bone prostheses and dental technicians
- medical-biological companies, universities and organization which have a deal with delicate
metal structures including membrane, cryogenic and autoclave machinery , complex precision
instruments and tools, sensors and systems with fine enamel wires, glass-covered
thermocouples, different filters made from metal meshes and foils, etc.
In some cases, the proposed set can substitute brazing machines, like gas-flame and induction devices, electrical furnaces, argon and laser welding equipment, giving excellent quality, saving time and costs. It may also be very useful in jewelry manufacturing as well as in producing of different goods made from noble metals – like glass and basalt melting vessels, etc. Using of the proposed set will be ecological problem-free and won't need too demanding assembling conditions. Its service and repair will be simplified and to be carried-out by specialists with minimal training.
THE PROTOTYPE OF THE NEW SET
COMPARISON OF THE NEW SET WITH SIMILAR SETS
* As we know , the mentioned American set has been developed under the influence of the AMC-1 apparatus which is described in our rubric STANDARD-EQUIPMENT.
||Type of Apparatus
a New Set
Set- for Dental
|Main ARC Current, A
|Open Circuit Voltage, V
|Pilot ARC Current, A
|Frequency , Hz
|Pulse Duration, Sec
|Presence of Water
|Dimensions, mm LxWxH
|Possibility of Brazing
|Number of changing
parameters by foot pedal
|Up to 3
||Up to 3
Price in thousands of US$
||P1 ~ 3.500
P2 ~ 4.500
S1 ~ 7.000
S2 ~ 11.000
PLASMA TORCH OF SEMIAUTOMATIC MACHINE FOR MICROPLASMA PROCESSING OF JEWELRY GOODS OR DENTAL PROSTHESES AMONG THE OPTICAL SYSTEM AND WATER-COOLED MOVABLE TABLE
PROTORYPE OF SEMIAUTOMATIC MACHINE FOR MICROPLASMA PROCESSING
MAIN ADVANTAGES OF THE NEW SET AND TECHNOLOGIES
SUGGESTED NEW SET PENETRETION TO THE REGULAR WELDING EQUIPMENT MARKET
POSSIBLE NEW MARKETS FOR THE PROPOSED SETS